We’ve all seen the billboards and yard signs posted at street corners around town — maybe even on community bulletin boards in smaller local businesses. And then there are the handwritten notes on yellow legal paper and postcards mailed directly out to homeowners. It seems a little strange to get a letter or a postcard from some person you don’t even know, asking to buy your house right? That type of marketing might even make you ask ‘why do they think my house is ugly?’ or ‘what a scam, why would someone offer to buy my house for cash?!’ You might also be thinking, ‘I wonder what Kendall Partners would offer on my house and if they are a legitimate company?’ The truth is, at Kendall Partners we work to help people who need to sell their house quickly at a fair price. We help people who want to sell a house without the hassle of a traditional real estate sale. We help people who are facing the hard reality of putting large amounts of money into a house to fix it up before they can even think about listing it on the MLS with a realtor. The sellers we help are usually also facing a challenging and unexpected life event such as a job loss, divorce, foreclosure, or the need to move their family very quickly. Below we discuss how we buy houses and the ‘we buy houses Chicago reviews’ on Kendall Partners.
We Buy Houses Chicago Reviews – Why Would I Sell My House As-Is?
Selling your house directly to a real estate investor has a lot of benefits and will allow you to skip the hassles involved with a traditional real estate sale. You see, when you sell your house using a real estate agent to a traditional home buyer using financing, you have to sign disclosures. This means disclosing everything you know may be wrong with the house …. water intrusion, structural problems, mold, lead paint, asbestos tiles or building materials and more all have to be disclosed to potential buyers. In fact, even if you don’t know your house has these types of issues, a buyer can still pursue legal action after the fact. In addition to disclosures, a traditional home buyer will most likely conduct a home inspection and that inspection can turn up even more issues with your house. After their inspection, the buyer will likely ask for repairs, credits, or a price reduction. A buyer can even walk away from the sale altogether, simply by citing their objection to finalizing the sale is not based on the price. However, once you are aware of issues from their inspection you are now legally required to disclose them to the next potential buyers. If you own a house that is old and has not been updated to meet current building and energy codes, or it’s in disrepair from years of neglect, selling a house directly to an investor who is experienced in solving these types of problems is a huge benefit. You avoid having to disclose all the issues, discovering issues you aren’t already aware of, and you won’t be faced with having to correct them yourself.
For those homeowners who wonder why an investor would think their house is an ugly house, the answer is — we don’t! The definition of an ugly house goes way beyond its external appearance or curb appeal, so when you receive a letter or postcard, be assured that no one is calling your house is ugly. A house can look brand new on the exterior and still have all kinds of other issues that make it difficult to sell in a traditional real estate sale. There might be reasons homeowners would consider their house to be hard to sell — issues that make the house unattractive to a typical retail home buyer. This might include a less-than-ideal location such as on a busy corner or near railroad tracks, repeated stormwater problems caused by a city’s failing infrastructure, unpaid property taxes, or just a house that has ‘good bones’ but hasn’t been updated for decades and a realtor is recommending a complete remodel before listing it. There are any number of problems that can make a traditional real estate sale very difficult, and Kendall Partners can help you sell a house with those types of problems. When letters or postcards go out to potential sellers, it’s really up to that homeowner to decide if there is a reason to give us a call – and we’re more than happy to discuss any house, any reason for wanting to sell it directly rather than list it. We value the opportunity and we treat each homeowner with compassion and respect, no matter the situation. If you’re wondering what a fair offer on your house would be, give us a call today at (630) 389-8232. Be sure to check out our testimonials and ‘we buy houses Chicago reviews’ on Kendall Partners here.
We Buy Houses Chicago Reviews – Why Would I Sell My House for Cash?
Selling a house for cash significantly shortens the amount of time it takes to sell. Some homeowners are okay with the prospect of selling a house by using a traditional home sale process that can take weeks or even months. Then don’t really have to sell quickly. They can afford to put money into the condition of the house and the marketing — including paying thousands in commission to a real estate agent — in order to try to get top dollar and the most possible profit out of the sale of their home. But not every seller is able to or wants to put in the time, money, and energy it takes to sell a house this way. A homeowner who wants to sell a house quickly without putting a lot of resources in to get it sold is what agents and investors alike would call a motivated seller. So, what type of circumstances would qualify a seller as a ‘motivated’ seller who is interested in a fair cash offer?
There are some common situations that might cause a seller to look for a non-traditional way of selling a house. Keep in mind, however, that this can be just about anyone who wants to sell without having to deal with the hassle of prepping a house to put on the market, the cost of marketing and the parade of people at showings and open houses, the uncertainty of the types of financing typical buyers may or may not qualify for, and the buyer inspections and requests for repairs and credits that come out those inspections….. and all of the other details a traditional home sale process requires. While the majority of homeowners are not ‘motivated sellers,’ there are still many out there. The ‘motivated seller’ market who don’t want to list their house using an agent is why you see so many ‘we buy ugly houses’ ads, letters, postcards. This is why Kendall Partners advertises, to help the sellers whose situations just don’t fit the traditional home sale process. If you think your situation may require a non-traditional home sale, check out our 5-star Google reviews here – we buy houses Chicago reviews – and give us a call today at (630) 389-8232 to discuss your unique circumstances. Below are some of the most common types of motivated sellers:
- Owners of a Distressed Property: A distressed property is one that has been neglected over the course of quite a few years for one reason or another, won’t pass a home inspection, or is in need of normal yet major repair work that the owner either can’t or doesn’t wish to do on their own.
- Inherited or Probate Property: A property which was inherited, but the new owner doesn’t want or need the house. Often these new owners have to decide whether to sell the house or rent it out, however the prospect of both a traditional home sale and/or becoming a landlord is rather daunting – especially if the new owner lives out of state. A non-traditional sale is an option to sell quickly without all the hassles.
- Disgruntled Landlords: Owners of rental property who are fed up with their tenants, chasing down late rent payments, trying to find new qualified tenants, legal issues, 24/7 maintenance requests, and all the other headaches that come along with being a landlord.
- Financially Distressed Property Owners: Sometimes life brings unexpected events that cause financial hardship. The loss of a job, serious illness, ailing family members who need to move to assisted living, foreclosure….. the list goes on. Sometimes homeowners are either strapped for cash or just need to sell fast to put an end to the monthly expenses and financial stress of home ownership.
- Divorce: A couple going through a divorce may decide it’s quieter and less stressful to sell a house to an investor, split the profit, and move on as quickly as possible.
- Overwhelmed Flippers: Flipping a house seems pretty easy when you’re watching HGTV! Sometimes people decide to try flipping a house as a side gig and find out themselves in way over their heads. Even an experienced flipper might decide they have too many projects going at once. Rather than let a house sit for weeks or months without work being done, they decide to sell as quickly as possible. These are also a motivated sellers.
We Buy Houses Chicago Reviews – Why Would I Trust a Cash Homebuyer?
Kendall Partners is a trusted, local cash homebuyer. Cash homebuyers’ advertising, postcards, and letters can feel a bit ….. well, random! And since most sellers use an agent and the MLS, a stranger reaching out to you asking to buy your house might feel a bit shady. If it were a scam, it would be illegal and there is nothing illegal about being a real estate investor. What causes people to feel they were scammed is when they don’t do their research. It’s natural to feel scammed if you fail to ask questions to find out all you can about what to expect when selling a house in a non-traditional way. Trust all depends on WHO is doing the buying, so you need to do your research and ask yourself questions about the company who is making you a cash offer. This is just one reason why reading reviews from sellers who have sold to the investor you’re working with are so important. Take time to read the testimonials and Google reviews from these companies. A trustworthy investor is not afraid of sellers doing their due diligence. If you think your situation may require a non-traditional home sale and you want to start looking into Kendall Partners, check out our 5-star Google reviews here – we buy houses Chicago reviews – and give us a call today at (630) 389-8232 to see if we’re the right fit for you.
For investors, the purchase and sale of a property is always a question of whether it is a good investment. A seller who works with a real estate agent to figure out what profit will be left after all the repairs, prepping the house for the market, the transaction costs, and the commission that’s paid out of the sale is also considering the return on the investment. A company like Kendall Partners is a professional real estate expert, with years of experience in the local market and an understanding of current real estate trends. Cash home buyers consider whether the house needs work, what kind of work and how expensive the work will be, what price range houses are selling for in the area and how quickly, and what the holding costs will be. Can the house be cleaned out and sold to another investor, can it be given paint and carpet and re-listed, or does the house need a major remodel? The cash home buyer will make you a cash offer based on what they intend to do with the house and what risk they are taking on by buying it. If the home is in really rough condition, the amount of risk the investor takes on increases considerably.
There are some ways you can look into just about any company you want to look into. This will help you verify they are a legit company, how long they have been in business, and whether they have a good reputation. If you’ve never done this before, here are some simple ways you can research a company:
- Look for the full legal name of the company you’re communicating with. This should be a business name which is registered with the state, and usually is an LLC, S-Corp, or C-Corp.
- Go to the Secretary of State website and search for the company name to see if they are still registered and verify their standing.
- Do some Google searches of the company name and take a look at their website. Is it current, does it look like they are recent activity and postings? Do they post articles that would indicate they are knowledgeable about the local real estate market? Is the person you’re working with listed as one of their staff members or owners?
- Lastly, read the Google reviews of the company. Are those also recent? How many are recent and what rating was the company given by homeowners who have completed a sale?
- Be wary of working with an individual with no online presence, or with a company that has a negative online presence. Don’t work with a person or company that either has an overly complicated contract or one that has very unprofessional correspondence. Remember you can always have your attorney review a contract before you sign it.
We Buy Houses Chicago Reviews – Why Would I Sell to an Investor and Not a Wholesaler?
Investors and wholesalers are NOT the same. Real estate investors can include landlords who buy a property and hold it in order to lease it out. They can also be flippers, who buy a house and remodel it, then sell it for top dollar. Another type of investor might work to buy up distressed properties, clean them out, and then relist it or sell to a flipper who then handles the rehab. Then there are passive investors who act more like a financing company for other investors who do all the work and pay a portion of the funds from the sale of the house as interest on the loan. All real estate investors are looking at the purchase of a house as a way to create future revenue. This is why they will always consider the costs of repairs, maintenance, upgrades, rehabs, and other holding expenses associated with owning a house. They are going to hold it for some period of time, even if it’s only a day.
Wholesalers will never close on or own your house. The goal of a wholesaler is to sign a conditional contract with you for your house, then look for a 3rd party who will buy your house for a higher amount. The wholesaler will then ‘assign’ the contract to that 3rd party, who purchases your house and pays the wholesaler a fee. The wholesaler never actually closes on the house, never really buys it from you, and never owns the house at all. Many wholesalers advertise as if they are cash home buyers but they aren’t. This leaves uncertainty for the seller — what happens if the wholesaler can’t find a 3rd party buyer for your house? They could back out of the deal, leaving the seller to have to look for another buyer. Furthermore, what if you could sell directly to their buyer, who was an investor? You may have been able to sell your house for more, since the wholesaler’s fee would have been avoided altogether.
It’s important to thoroughly review the contract a cash home buyer uses. Is there a lot of small print? Is there a contingency which states the wholesaler can back out if they can’t find someone to buy your house? If so, that clause is there solely to protect the wholesaler from having to follow through with buying your house should they fail to find a 3rd party to purchase it. Just think, you could have been ready to have cash in hand by a certain date and had all your other obligations lined up to do so, only to find out the wholesaler isn’t going to go through with the purchase at all. Working with a wholesaler might be a good answer to selling quickly if they can find that buyer, but just be prepared if they can’t make it happen. This is why at Kendall Partners, we use a simple one page contract which clearly states that we are purchasing the house. Our purchase of your home is NOT dependent on whether we find another party to buy it. We have both the intention and the cash to buy each house we sign a contract to purchase. This takes the uncertainty out of the process for our sellers.
We Buy Houses Chicago Reviews – Why Should I Sell to Kendall Partners?
There are a lot of options out there if you need to sell your house quickly or you need to cash from the equity in your home. Remember to look into any company you’re dealing with to make sure it’s the right fit for your situation and goals. But here’s why we feel Kendall Partners is the local cash homebuyer you can trust:
- Well Established Real Estate Professionals: Kendall Partners has been buying houses with cash in Chicago and the surrounding suburbs since 2007. We have purchased hundreds of home throughout Chicagoland, and we specialize in areas like Joliet, Aurora, Batavia, Lombard, Wheaton, Warrenville, Winfield, St. Charles, Yorkville, Oswego, Geneva, Elmhurst, and many more.
- Experienced Property Evaluation: With the years of experience in buying and selling houses in the Chicagoland area, we know how to evaluate a property to determine what work will need to be done in order to sell it quickly. How does this benefit a seller? Well, not everyone SHOULD sell their house to us. Some homeowners are better off selling the traditional way, and we aren’t afraid to guide the seller in that direction. This brings us to the next point:
- We Listen To YOU, the Seller: We know that if you’re looking for a way to sell your house quickly, you have reasons for doing so. We listen to why our sellers need to sell off-market, and what goals they want to achieve. When our sellers are overwhelmed with their circumstances, it’s helpful to have a real estate professional’s guidance. Even if that means we can’t provide a solution for you that will meet your goals, we can lead you in the right direction.
- Proven, Simple, Hassle-Free Process: We’ve worked hard to create a simple home selling process. Our sellers never have to clean a house out or even tidy up for us. We conduct simple 15-20 minute walkthrough with one of our friendly team members, get photos, and have a fair cash offer to you in about 24 hours. Our sellers choose a closing date, whether it’s as soon as 14 days from the date of contract or later. Because we buy with cash, there’s no additional inspections, no appraisals, no possibility of the deal falling through due to financing. Paperwork and closing can be completed electronically, so our sellers won’t even have to go to the title company. In fact, we’ve worked with out of state sellers who never once had to be at the property or at closing!
- Fair, Transparent, and No ‘Legalese’: We use a very simple one page contract that states the price of the property, the date of the purchase, and the closing fees that we pay — that’s right we pay standard closing costs. There is no small print for our sellers to have to scrutinize and our sellers always know what to expect. We’ve also worked with sellers whose attorneys have had questions about our contract and the process, and out attorney is always happy to work through those questions and details as well. We are transparent and straightforward so that our sellers understand what to expect and when.
- We Help Sellers Save Money and Sell Quickly: Compared to a traditional real estate sales process, we help sellers save money on advertising, marketing, and repairs required to sell a house using a real estate agent. Our sellers bypass the cleanout, repairs, rehab, maintenance, staging and photos, inspection repairs or credits, and commissions which all add up to thousands and reduce profits. They skip the hassle of constant showings, open houses, and cleaning. Lastly, they save on real estate transaction fees and holding costs including property taxes, insurance, and utilities which continue to add up as long as the house remains unsold. A burdensome property can cost a lot to own, and it can also cost a lot to sell! The good news is, it doesn’t have to.
- Our Sellers Give Us Great Reviews: We’ve worked to provide our sellers with the help they need, when they need it. We could toot our own horn all day long, but when it comes down to it, our sellers’ opinions matter the most. The ‘we buy houses Chicago’ reviews on Kendall Partners are in — and still coming in — from our satisfied sellers. Check out our testimonials on our site here, and don’t forget to read our 5-star Google reviews here as well!
We Buy Houses Chicago Reviews – Contact Us Today!
We’d love to hear from you today to discuss your particular situation, why you’re looking to sell, and to see if Kendall Partners will be a good fit for your real estate goals. Our friendly real estate experts are looking forward to assisting you. Give us a call at (630) 389-8232 today, or submit the form below and we’ll reach out to you shortly.