There are many upsides to home ownership, but there are times when a house becomes too much of a burden. Over time, life events and circumstances and change the cost of owning a house, reducing the benefits you once enjoyed. What may have once been your dream home can become an asset that no longer serves you and your family. Below we’ll review a few issues that can indicate the house you own is no longer beneficial and mean it’s time to sell. We’ll also review a way you can sell your house quickly, and be free of the stress of owning an unwanted or burdensome house. We buy houses Aurora and we help homeowners who want to sell a house directly to a trusted cash home buyer.
We Buy Houses Aurora – Even Those with High Property Taxes
Property taxes in Illinois are some of the highest in the country. The median property tax paid in Illinois in 2019 at 2.3% was $3,995 on a home value of $173,800. There are counties in Illinois with higher property tax rates though, with Kane coming in at about 2.66% and Kendall at about 2.94%. Even when your mortgage is paid off you may still be paying quite a bit in property taxes each year, making it difficult to manage your budget. Those owning rentals in Aurora find that their rental income is sharply reduced because of high property taxes. Homeowners association fees, special and unexpected assessments can also be very expensive. The frustration with property taxes and HOA fees is that they continue to go up, and will only cost more more money each year. If you find that owning your Aurora property is just costing you too much, property taxes and HOA fees may be the issue. We buy houses Aurora – we help homeowners put an end to paying property taxes and fees that continue to accrue each day until a property is sold.
We Buy Houses Aurora – Even Those Needing Major Repairs
The older a house is, the more often it needs repair and the more expensive the repairs become. Eventually the weather, time, and normal wear and tear take their toll. Even high end appliances eventually wear out and major mechanical systems need repair or replacement. Depending on the age and condition of the home’s structure, a homeowner can face thousands in structural or foundational repairs. As tree roots grow into water and sewer lines, often major plumbing work becomes necessary. And exterior items such as roofing, siding, and driveways all carry large price tags as well. All of these types of items are necessary to keep maintained in order to make a house livable for a new buyer.
But to get top dollar on the MLS, you will also need to consider the decor and appeal of the house. At minimum, a house usually needs paint and carpet between owners. When a house is listed, usually potential buyers are not only looking at the structure and ‘bones’ of a house, they’re also looking at the kitchen and bath and whether they need to be updated. Whether you’re going to sell a house to a retail buyer or continue living there yourself, you may be facing a great deal of upgrades and remodeling. This can make it more trouble than it’s worth to you! This is another reason we buy houses Aurora, and we help sellers who just don’t have the time, energy, or money to put into a lot of expensive repairs and remodeling.
We Buy Houses Aurora – Even Those Hard to Rent Properties
Some owners who have inherited a house decide to hold the property and turn it into a rental investment in hopes of it becoming a dependable source of monthly income. There are a lot of challenges that come along with being a landlord. For an inexperienced landlord, finding and keeping good tenants is one of the most difficult things to accomplish. Developing a good application and background screening process can take a lot of time, and the learning curve can be an expensive one. Most landlords are surprised to discover that chasing down rent and keeping up with maintenance requests can take a lot of time and effort. And they must be done a specific way in order to meet requirements and regulations. Learning the hard way can cost a new landlord a lot in legal fees. If for some reason a house is hard to rent, or being a landlord is just more trouble than it’s worth, then it may be time to look at how to sell the house directly to a trusted local cash home buyer like Kendall Partners. We buy houses Aurora and help landlords move on from difficult rentals.
We Buy Houses Aurora – Even When It’s Time to Downsize
As time goes by and families change and grow, needs will naturally change. It’s common for a house that was once the perfect size to suddenly be either too small for growing needs or too large after kids have moved away. Couples who now can work from home and are ready to start having kids need not only more bedrooms, but also need a home office and room for kids to play. Some families may suddenly need extra room to provide for in-home healthcare of their elderly parents. Lastly, retiring homeowners may decide they would like to focus more on traveling and enjoying free time and less on cleaning and maintaining a home. Whether a homeowner is downsizing or upsizing, a house that once was just right can now be more trouble than it’s worth. If you are ready to sell your house in Aurora quickly, give Kendall Partners a call at (630) 389-8232. We buy houses Aurora and we help sellers when the house they own has become more trouble than it’s worth.
We Buy Houses Aurora – When Maintenance Is Too Burdensome
If your circumstances change — whether it’s a job loss, sudden illness, or some other unexpected event — maintaining a home can suddenly become too overwhelming. A homeowner may have had the time, energy, and money to make repairs and handle the responsibilities of owning a house in that past but later it becomes either physically or financially impossible to keep it up. Hiring help for maintenance can also be financially difficult. However, allowing important maintenance to be put off for a long period of time and end up costing thousands of dollars down the road. If the problem causes issues for neighbors, such as an overgrown tree that falls on a neighbor’s house, then the problem becomes worse when there are also legal and insurance costs. When home ownership becomes too overwhelming, it’s time to consider selling your house directly to a trusted cash home buyer like Kendall Partners. We buy houses Aurora, and we’ve helped many owners move on from their burdensome house.
We Buy Houses Aurora – Why Sell to a Cash Homebuyer?
We’ve all seen the billboards and yard signs posted at street corners offering to buy any house, as-is, with cash. There are also the ‘handwritten’ notes on yellow legal paper and postcards mailed directly out to homeowners. It seems a little strange to get a letter or a postcard from some person you don’t even know, asking to buy your house right? So are those companies for real, and why would they want to buy my house with cash? Well for some homeowners, selling a house using a traditional listing method just isn’t going to work. Usually the need to sell is very urgent, or the house in disrepair, or it might have been inherited and is full of personal contents. The thought of cleaning a house out, making repairs and upgrades to get it listed all to wait for an undetermined amount of time and in hopes of making the profit needed is all too uncertain and overwhelming — not to mention expensive! Putting money into a house, paying the holding costs until it is sold, and paying an agent thousands in commissions can end of costing the seller way more than expected and cut into the proceeds. The hassle and expense is just not worth it for these sellers.
There are some common situations that might cause a seller to look for a non-traditional way of selling a house but just about anyone who wants to sell without the hassle of a traditional home sale might want to consider a direct, off-market sale. Prepping a house for showings and the parade of people walking through, the uncertainty of buyers’ financing, and the inspections and requests for repairs and credits that come out those inspections all create a hassles and costs for the seller. This is why Kendall Partners helps sellers whose situations just don’t fit the traditional home sale process. We buy houses Aurora and sellers have more choices to sell than hiring an agent. If you think your situation may require a non-traditional home sale, check out our 5-star Google reviews here – we buy houses Chicago reviews – and give us a call today at (630) 389-8232 to discuss your unique circumstances.
Below are some of the most common types of sellers we help:
- Owners of a Distressed Property: A distressed property is one that has been neglected over the course of quite a few years for one reason or another, won’t pass a home inspection, or is in need of normal yet major repair work that the owner either can’t or doesn’t wish to do on their own.
- Inherited or Probate Property: A property which was inherited, but the new owner doesn’t want or need the house. Often these new owners have to decide whether to sell the house or rent it out, however the prospect of both a traditional home sale and/or becoming a landlord is rather daunting – especially if the new owner lives out of state. A non-traditional sale is an option to sell quickly without all the hassles.
- Disgruntled Landlords: Owners of rental property who are fed up with their tenants, chasing down late rent payments, trying to find new qualified tenants, legal issues, 24/7 maintenance requests, and all the other headaches that come along with being a landlord.
- Financially Distressed Property Owners: Sometimes life brings unexpected events that cause financial hardship. The loss of a job, serious illness, ailing family members who need to move to assisted living, foreclosure….. the list goes on. Sometimes homeowners are either strapped for cash or just need to sell fast to put an end to the monthly expenses and financial stress of home ownership.
- Divorce: A couple going through a divorce may decide it’s quieter and less stressful to sell a house to an investor, split the profit, and move on as quickly as possible.
- Overwhelmed Flippers: Flipping a house seems pretty easy when you’re watching HGTV! Sometimes people decide to try flipping a house as a side gig and find out themselves in way over their heads. Even an experienced flipper might decide they have too many projects going at once. Rather than let a house sit for weeks or months without work being done, they decide to sell as quickly as possible.
We Buy Houses Aurora – Why Should I Sell to Kendall Partners?
There are a lot of options out there if you need to sell your house quickly or you need to cash from the equity in your home. Remember to look into any company you’re dealing with to make sure it’s the right fit for your situation and goals. But here’s why we feel Kendall Partners is the local cash homebuyer you can trust:
- Well Established Real Estate Professionals: Kendall Partners has been buying houses with cash in Chicago and the surrounding suburbs since 2007. We have purchased hundreds of home throughout Chicagoland, and we specialize in the following areas: Joliet, Aurora, Batavia, Lombard, Wheaton, Warrenville, Winfield, St. Charles, Yorkville, Oswego, Geneva, Elmhurst, and many more Chicago suburbs.
- Experienced Property Evaluation: With years of experience buying and selling houses, we know how to evaluate a property to determine what price range is appropriate for the work that’s needed and how to structure a deal to help the seller get what they need out of the sale of their house. In other words:
- We Listen To YOU, the Seller: We know if you need to sell your house quickly, you have many reasons for doing so. We listen to why our sellers need to sell off-market, and what goals they want to achieve. When our sellers are overwhelmed with their circumstances, it’s helpful to have someone who is willing to assist you in solving the problem and walk you through to a helpful solution.
- Proven, Simple, Hassle-Free Process: We’ve worked hard to create a simple home selling process. Our sellers never have to clean a house out or even tidy up for us. We conduct simple 15-20 minute walkthrough with one of our friendly team members, get photos, and have a fair cash offer to you in about 24 hours. Our sellers choose a closing date, whether it’s as soon as 14 days from the date of contract or later. Because we buy with cash, there’s no additional inspections, no appraisals, no possibility of the deal falling through due to financing. Paperwork and closing can be completed electronically, so our sellers won’t even have to go to the title company. In fact, we’ve worked with out of state sellers who never once had to be at the property or at closing!
- Fair, Transparent, and No ‘Legalese’: We use a simple one page contract that states the price of the property, the date of the purchase, and the standard closing costs that we pay for you — No small print for our sellers to have to scrutinize and our sellers always know what to expect! We are transparent and straightforward so our sellers understand what to expect and when.
- We Help Sellers Save Money and Sell Quickly: Compared to other sellers using a traditional real estate sales process, you save money on advertising, marketing, commissions, holding costs, and repairs. Our sellers bypass the cleanout, repairs, rehab, maintenance, staging and photos, inspection repairs or credits, and commissions which all add up to thousands and reduce profits. They skip the hassle of constant showings, open houses, and cleaning. Lastly, they save on real estate transaction fees and holding costs including property taxes, insurance, and utilities which continue to add up as long as the house remains unsold. A burdensome property can cost a lot to own, and it can also cost a lot to sell! The good news is, it doesn’t have to.
- Our Sellers Give Us Great Reviews: We provide our sellers with the help they need, when they need it. We could toot our own horn all day long, but when it comes down to it, our sellers’ opinions matter the most. The ‘we buy houses Chicago’ reviews on Kendall Partners are in — and still coming in — from our satisfied sellers. Check out our testimonials on our site here, and don’t forget to read our 5-star Google reviews here as well!
If you’re ready to talk to one of our friendly team members about the sale of your house, give us a call at (630) 389-8232 today or submit your information below and we’ll reach out to you shortly. We buy houses Aurora, we’re your trusted local cash homebuyer and we’re looking forward to working with you!